Aviation Strategy & Concepts
AS&C is a Brussels-based consultancy specialised on aviation. It has a dense network of contacts to decision-makers in the EU-institutions, EU aviation agencies, government representations in Brussels, aviation associations, NGOs, and individual companies.
These contacts were established in the course of 20 years by AS&C’s Managing Director, Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus. Ulrich had held diverse functions within Lufthansa’s senior management before he was appointed the Secretary General of the Brussels-based Association of European Airlines, a post he held for 10 years before founding his own consultancy.
AS&C has worked for airlines and airports, both within the European union and internationally, as well as unions. AS&C is well networked in the political Brussels, and has worked for the EU Commission, EUROCONTROL and EASA. AS&C has also worked on projects for national governments within the EU and internationally.
AS&C is specialised on Competition Law, State Aids, International Air Law, Regulatory Affairs and Sustainability.
AS&C co-operates with law firms and consultancies to the degree necessary to deliver the services required by the client.
AS&C is result-oriented. Together with its client, AS&C identifies the objectives of the service, develops an action plan to achieve these objectives, and, together with its client, monitors the progress of the projects, ideally on the basis of measurable intermediate steps or milestones.
The service range
- provide clients with regular updates on regulatory developments,
- provide clients with background information on specific issues,
- implement a pre-agreed advocacy plan by delivering key messages to key contacts,
- provide mentoring for senior management representatives of clients,
- undertake market analyses,
- write concise and targeted studies on political, regulatory, economic or environmental issues of importance,
- develop political and/public communication strategies.
About Aviation Strategy & Concepts
Consultancy registered and based in Brussels, Belgium
Founded in 2012 by Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus, FRAeS
Ulrich, the company’s MD, is a lawyer by training. From 2002-2012 Secretary General of the Brussels-based Association of European Airlines. From 1981-2002 he held functions at Lufthansa German Airlines in the fields of HR, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs. From 1992-2002 he was Lufthansa’s Vice President for International Relations.
Since 2002, Ulrich has established a wide network of contacts within the aviation community, and within the EU institutions. He has published numerus studies and articles on aviation-specific issues.
Depending on the individual scope of the individual project, and upon consultation with the client, Ulrich concludes cooperation agreements with other companies as sub-contractors to provide additional services required by the client
Past achievements of Aviation Strategy & Concepts
- Analysis of market developments in the wake of COVID and subsequent new market opportunities; developed new business models for the client
- Refocused company strategy to maximize benefits of ownership and control provisions
- Established project management structures for senior management of client
- Secured approval for state aid in accordance with EU guidelines for EU airlines;
- Established dedicated task forces within airline to implement restructuring plans
- Advisor to a national aviation authority on future national legislation to redirect the post-COVID recovery process to a sustainable growth path
- Analysis of connectivity options for peripheral EU Member States
- Analyses of national competition law, state aid policy, environmental policy and EU external affairs
- Organized workshops on international aviation law
- Member of the independent Performance Review Body of the EU Commission on the Performance Scheme of the Single European Sky
Contact usAviation Strategy & Concepts
Avenue Aviateur de Caters 14, 1310 La Hulpe, Belgium 0032.478.470.342 email@example.com LinkedIn: Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus